Kroger Personal Finance - Kroger 1-2-3 VISA debit card is scam
I will present the facts about this debit card and the reader can decide if they would purchase and use it.
The first year I used the Kroger 1-2-3 debit card was hassle free. I put the money down on the card at the customer counter. The charge was $3 and I had no issues with any of the clerks.
About a year after I started using the card, it got hacked for the first time for about $21. I called customer service, they turned it over to PPD. After 3 months I received a letter from Kroger informing me that the funds would be reimbursed to my debit card. The refund never came, I called Kroger several times, and they played dumb about.
About 2 weeks ago, my Kroger debit card was hacked again, this time in the amount of $122. I called immediately to inform them. First the customer service rep responded by trying to blame it on me. She was rude and eventually cancelled the card.
I tried to log on to my 1-2-3 account, and I was locked-out. My Kroger debit card was hacked, I reported it, and I got locked out of my account. I did not receive important information as it related to my account; other than my problem would be reported to PPD.
The customer service rep told me I would receive a new card in 7 to 10 days. The card came in the mail, and the envelop had been opened and taped shut. What kind of a credit card company sends the consumer an opened envelop with a credit/debit card enclosed?
Since I still have about $77 in this account, I was hoping to spend it and close my account afterwards, but I don't know if the card has been compromised.
I cannot believe that these type of bafoons are able to get away with this. Now,I stay at least 100 yards away from Kroger. Unless I hire an attorney, I more that likely will not receive a refund. An attorney would be too expensive.
I can only inform people that Kroger's credit cards are not secure, and their customer service is not professional enough to deal with customer issues.
I won't call Kroger Customer Service back, I don't trust them, it is all in limbo. I think I will close out the account and suffer my loses. My experience with Kroger is that it is shady corporation underneath but always appeared wholesome on the surface.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- I liked a debit card for online purchases
What I disliked
- Kroger debit card is insecure
- Terrible customer service
- Disrespectful blocked my account
- Untrustworthy and incompetent
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card With 1-2-3 Rewards
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "I ended buy buying over $200,000 in silver bars from Apmex late last year and early this yerar, after about $75,000 to $100,000 in purchases I was called and sought..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "I got car car loan with Santander USA. I have made payments on my automobile every month. I know twice I called in and told the company I was unable..."
- "Many people in the permaculture community have had similar experiences with Nicholas Burtner. Ranging from arrogance and a know-it-all attitude (sadly without knowing it all) to a picture of Jesus..."
- "I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas. I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking..."
- "Very sad to read some of the complains. Because we really do love Melaleuca product. My whole family use lots of Melaleuca product. Mainly Melaleuca oil - its a holy oil we use..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."