Privacy and Data Security

I will present the facts about this debit card and the reader can decide if they would purchase and use it.

The first year I used the Kroger 1-2-3 debit card was hassle free. I put the money down on the card at the customer counter. The charge was $3 and I had no issues with any of the clerks.

About a year after I started using the card, it got hacked for the first time for about $21. I called customer service, they turned it over to PPD. After 3 months I received a letter from Kroger informing me that the funds would be reimbursed to my debit card. The refund never came, I called Kroger several times, and they played dumb about.

About 2 weeks ago, my Kroger debit card was hacked again, this time in the amount of $122. I called immediately to inform them. First the customer service rep responded by trying to blame it on me. She was rude and eventually cancelled the card.

I tried to log on to my 1-2-3 account, and I was locked-out. My Kroger debit card was hacked, I reported it, and I got locked out of my account. I did not receive important information as it related to my account; other than my problem would be reported to PPD.

The customer service rep told me I would receive a new card in 7 to 10 days. The card came in the mail, and the envelop had been opened and taped shut. What kind of a credit card company sends the consumer an opened envelop with a credit/debit card enclosed?

Since I still have about $77 in this account, I was hoping to spend it and close my account afterwards, but I don't know if the card has been compromised.

I cannot believe that these type of bafoons are able to get away with this. Now,I stay at least 100 yards away from Kroger. Unless I hire an attorney, I more that likely will not receive a refund. An attorney would be too expensive.

I can only inform people that Kroger's credit cards are not secure, and their customer service is not professional enough to deal with customer issues.

I won't call Kroger Customer Service back, I don't trust them, it is all in limbo. I think I will close out the account and suffer my loses. My experience with Kroger is that it is shady corporation underneath but always appeared wholesome on the surface.

user18334617 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Kroger Personal Finance and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Kroger Personal Finance to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was kroger debit card is insecure, terrible customer service, disrespectful blocked my account and untrustworthy and incompetent. Author liked the most i liked a debit card for online purchases. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kroger Personal Finance kroger visa prepaid debit card with 1-2-3 rewards for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Stay away from Anything Kroger.They are baboons in all customer service issues.Their 123 Debit card is fraudulent.

they steal the money off the cards after stating they issued a refund t a check and never did trying to blame it on the post office.Called card member services PO Box 551617, Jacksonville, Florida 32255 to get copy of check they allege they issued but could not produce, could not produce any evidence of money going to a check.

that check if not cashed would have come back and it did not.Kroger, Visa US bank are hoaxes of companies and are nothing about liars over their 123 Kroger card.Stay away, way away from Kroger.Fraud, Fraud, Theft, Theft on their 123 Debit card.M

My problem with the Kroger Debit card has been resolved.No further action will be needed on my part.

Although my problem was resolved, it was a hassle.

I believe the big credit card companies need to become more aggressive at tracking down these bums who steal credit card numbers and then charge it up!