I will present the facts about this debit card and the reader can decide if they would purchase and use it.
The first year I used the Kroger 1-2-3 debit card was hassle free. I put the money down on the card at the customer counter. The charge was $3 and I had no issues with any of the clerks.
About a year after I started using the card, it got hacked for the first time for about $21. I called customer service, they turned it over to PPD. After 3 months I received a letter from Kroger informing me that the funds would be reimbursed to my debit card. The refund never came, I called Kroger several times, and they played dumb about.
About 2 weeks ago, my Kroger debit card was hacked again, this time in the amount of $122. I called immediately to inform them. First the customer service rep responded by trying to blame it on me. She was rude and eventually cancelled the card.
I tried to log on to my 1-2-3 account, and I was locked-out. My Kroger debit card was hacked, I reported it, and I got locked out of my account. I did not receive important information as it related to my account; other than my problem would be reported to PPD.
The customer service rep told me I would receive a new card in 7 to 10 days. The card came in the mail, and the envelop had been opened and taped shut. What kind of a credit card company sends the consumer an opened envelop with a credit/debit card enclosed?
Since I still have about $77 in this account, I was hoping to spend it and close my account afterwards, but I don't know if the card has been compromised.
I cannot believe that these type of bafoons are able to get away with this. Now,I stay at least 100 yards away from Kroger. Unless I hire an attorney, I more that likely will not receive a refund. An attorney would be too expensive.
I can only inform people that Kroger's credit cards are not secure, and their customer service is not professional enough to deal with customer issues.
I won't call Kroger Customer Service back, I don't trust them, it is all in limbo. I think I will close out the account and suffer my loses. My experience with Kroger is that it is shady corporation underneath but always appeared wholesome on the surface.
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- I liked a debit card for online purchases
What I disliked
- Kroger debit card is insecure
- Terrible customer service
- Disrespectful blocked my account
- Untrustworthy and incompetent
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kroger Visa Prepaid Debit Card With 1-2-3 Rewards
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Nik Lazanas on the picture the second from left ist involved in many criminal companies and taking money from investors, making promises and just spending the money himself on fun,..."
- "I have been SCAMMED by the Directors of SKYShades, a Brisbane, (Australia) and Orlando, Florida (USA) based business, headed by a leading Brisbane Broncos Rugby League identity and an Australian..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "The owner of Command tech in Curtis Bay, Baltimore is such a LOSER of a man! He and his employees are complete liars and very trashy low class people. Do..."
- "I thought I had somehow infected my upper lip. My P.A. put me on oral antibiotic and a cream antibiotic. The condition worsened. I was..."
- "I remember when I used to buy from this company. It was the worse thing ever. I laughed so hard when I found this bad review website I wish I..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."