Privacy and Data Security

I received my first KPF debit card in high school to deposit the checks received from my first job. I loved my card because I could handle the 3.00 fees and when I would mistakenly locked myself out of my account the customer service agents were usually pretty friendly.

Fast forward to August 25, 2018 and $213.70 was stolen off of my debit card. I was livid so I call customer service to ask what I should do and the lady basically told me that all I could do was get the rest of my money off the card. I am located in Mississippi and the person who withdrew money from my card is located in Franklin, Tennessee and apparently swiped a card with the exact same Number as mine at the apple store. How am I withdrawing the rest of my money from an ATM in Mississippi and a completely different person in Tennessee is using the same money to buy a gift card at the apple store?

I call customer service only to receive the run around. The agent even answered the phone and stated,"Why me?" This made me feel like I cannot even trust Kroger Grocery now. I would usually recommend this card to friends due to the coupons and gas savings and was about to gift my brother one for his student refund but now I will tell everyone who listen of how Kroger robbed me. I may even post a video to YouTube to ensure that no one loses their money ever again!

The agents tell me that they could do an investigation but they could not freeze the card because it would be deactivated (can't investigate if the card does not work genius) and I stated this multiple times to the second rude agent that I spoke to.

Long story short she did not listen and deactivated the card anyways and screwed me out of my money. $213.70 is not a little money.

- Signed a Pissed College Student

#KrogerRobbedMe

Product or Service Mentioned: Kroger Personal Finance Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Unprofessionalism, How they placed a block on my card for no apparent reason, Fraud, Robbed me, Ignored my requests to not deactivate my card.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 08.

Comments